The Ultimate Guide To Love and Death Filming Locations
All episodes of HBO’s mini-series Love and Death starring Austinite Jesse Plemons and Elizabeth Olsen are actually streaming. We had been ready for what seems like perpetually to see the sequence! That is likely to be as a result of we found they had been filming in the Austin area again in 2021! Now that it’s out we will lastly spill the tea on all of the filming areas.
Right here is your final information to all the Love and Loss of life filming areas.
The sequence is predicated on a real story that came about in Wylie, Texas simply exterior of Dallas correct. Whereas the real-life occasions came about in Wylie, virtually all of the filming was finished in Austin and surrounding cities. They filmed in Kyle, Bastrop, La Grange, Hutto, Lockhart, Seguin, Smithville, San Marcos, Coupland, Killeen, Kerrville and Georgetown. They certain did get round!
Listed here are extra particulars on the filming areas.
- Allan and Betty Gore’s home is positioned at 9403 Queenswood Drive within the Castlewood Forest neighborhood in Austin. Nevertheless, the house’s interiors had been filmed on a soundstage in Kyle.
- Within the first episode, you’ll briefly see Saegert Middle School in Seguin doubling because the fictional Plainview Elementary Faculty.
- Within the episode 3 scene the place Alan and Sweet finish issues, they filmed at June Hill Pape Riverwalk Trail in Bastrop.
- The diner the place Sweet and Allan are seen at a number of occasions within the sequence was Lil Charlie’s in Lockhart. It would look a bit totally different on display screen because it was painted for the sequence.
- The University Inn in San Marcos served because the Dallas Continental Inn. With the magic of CGI, it certain appeared prefer it was set in Dallas as an alternative of San Marcos!
Picture on left courtesy of HBO Max
HERE ARE ALL THE AUSTIN FILMING LOCATIONS IN THE LAST THING HE TOLD ME
- Previous to this nonetheless’s launch Elizabeth Olsen and Krysten Ritter had been noticed strolling the streets of Downtown Smithville, now we all know what they had been as much as! They had been filming on the Back Door Café on Main Street. Numerous issues have been filmed in Smithville, like Hope Floats starring Sandra Bullock.
- The screening of Grease was filmed on the Palace Theatre in downtown Seguin.
- Sweet and Alan’s affair takes place on the Cottonwood Inn Motel in La Grange.
- The Royal Coach Inn in Dallas, the place the Marriage Encounter workshop takes place, was filmed on the Inn Of The Hills Hotel and Conference Center in Kerrville.
The behind-the-scenes photograph from Loveanddeathhbo on Instagram
Picture of Elizabeth Olsen courtesy of HBO Max
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS FILMING LOCATIONS IN AUSTIN
Picture on the left courtesy of HBO Max and photograph on proper courtesy of Hyde Park Christian Church through Fb.
- A number of scenes had been filmed on the Hyde Park Christian Church in Austin. In Love and Loss of life, it was made to look as if it was constructed proper subsequent to a smaller Lutheran church, however in actuality, they aren’t even in the identical metropolis.
- Schultz Saloon in Seguin is the bar the place Sweet and her pal Sherry Cleckler are having a drink after the Volleyball recreation.
- Again in 2021 we noticed that they had been filming some exterior pictures across the Crestview Shopping Center in Austin. We love that the procuring middle nonetheless seems like outdated Austin, so it makes good sense they filmed there for the reason that sequence is about within the 80s.
As all the time, we encourage you to take a look at these locales, cease and take footage however we ask that you just please be aware. These should not simply prop homes or buildings however actual houses and institutions. Be respectful and courteous along with your strategy.
Did we miss a filming location? DM us on Instagram and tell us!
Characteristic photograph through HBO Max.