If you happen to’re a real George Strait fan, you’ve seen Pure Nation. If you happen to’re the sort of George Strait followers that we’re, you understand each track and potential each line of the nation traditional.
Earlier than we get began on the filming areas and enjoyable info in regards to the movie, can we discuss in regards to the scene the place George is drunk as a skunk? Even when fully obliterated, that man is 100% lovable. Am I proper or AM I RIGHT?
Pure Nation was launched in 1992 and whereas worthwhile it was not thought of a hit. Nonetheless, the soundtrack is Strait’s finest promoting album. That is fascinating due to the 4 instances we noticed George Strait play during the last 12 months, by no means as soon as did he carry out a track from Pure Nation!
Texas Filming Areas for Pure Nation
Filmed in 1991 all through Texas, a lot of the areas are south of the Dallas / Ft. Price space.
- Downtown Maypearl, Texas, is the place Dusty received his hair minimize and a shave.
- The graveyard scene was shot at Cresson Cemetery in Cresson, Texas.
- Western Kountry Klub was became the Prairie Rose Dance Corridor to movie a number of of the film scenes inside and one within the parking zone (the aforementioned drunk as a skunk scene). The membership – aka klub – is positioned between Midlothian and Mansfield, Texas.
- The roping scenes had been shot at Tucker Ranch. It’s positioned in Cresson as properly.
- The barrel racing competitors and the live performance sequences had been filmed at live performance venues in Fort Price, together with North Facet Coliseum and Will Rogers Coliseum.
Although not one of the movie was shot in Austin, the Broken Spoke contains a museum (lovingly referred to as “The Vacationer Entice”) that features some George Strait artifacts in addition to a rest room that’s Strait up superior. George has given the Spoke a shout-our each time we’ve seen him play in Austin. In truth, here’s one of those shout outs right here.
We not too long ago attended the iHeart Country Festival in Austin, Texas and we requested nation followers to inform us which movie is best: Nation Sturdy or Pure Nation. Right here’s the way it went down.
Yet another enjoyable reality in regards to the movie, that’s George Strait Jr, aka Bubba, singing “Heartland” in the beginning of the movie. He’s now a rustic songwriter and a rodeo cowboy. Learn more about him here.